For those who do not know, when a battery becomes old and doesn’t seem to be able to hold its charge, they simply throw it away. It surprises many to learn that those batteries can be fully restored. It is not very difficult to learn how to recondition batteries and doing so can save anyone money.
To be able to recondition any batteries it will take a few tools and some time. Once a person gets the process down they will essentially be able to restore an old battery back to its original charge. Restoring batteries not only saves a person money, but it also reduces the global effect that discarded batteries have on the environment.
Restoring The Car Battery
A car battery that appears to be completely dead can surprisingly be restored to at least 75% of its original starting power. This is more than enough to do a great job and last for a long time beyond its natural life.
Ingredients Needed – A Syring, battery charger, distilled water, voltmeter, battery acid.
1. The caps have rubber that protects them and this rubber needs to be removed. The battery will have several caps and they will all need removal from the battery.
2. Using a mix of distilled water and battery acid, fill up the battery. Leave the caps off of the battery until it is ready to be placed back into the car.
3. Charge for a few hours until the battery is again strong.
Don’t Throw Away That Laptop Battery
Isn’t it annoying when the laptop battery starts failing to keep its charge? Little by little it becomes impossible to rely on its battery when the laptop cannot be plugged in. These types of batteries are truly expensive and the ability to greatly extend their life is very useful.
Reconditioning The Laptop Battery
1. Incredibly, one of the fastest ways to restore this type of battery is to simply take it out of the laptop and put it into a sealable plastic bag. Then put it into the freezer for a full twelve hours. After removing it from the freezer it should be cleaned. Then place it back in the laptop and fully recharge it.
2. Reduce the temperature of the laptop to extend the life of the battery. After purchasing a cooler, the laptop should be put on it when not in use. During late spring and through summer it is of tremendous value to do this.
3. Resetting the battery is useful in extending its life. Charge the battery for about three hours. After it is fully charged leave it on but without plugging it in, and let it be until the battery is completely dead. Leave it stay like that for a few hours. Then simply recharge the battery again. It might not seem like it will help, but many say it extends the life of the battery.
These simple methods on how to recondition batteries will have anyone restoring those dead batteries that most thought were dead and ready for the trash. It really is as easy as that. Save money and make the planet a better place with these methods.